okay ladies spill it!!

I want to know what everyone really thinks of welfare people? I am not talking about the ones who try to help themselfs, I am talking about the ones who LIVE completely off the state?? Like I can't find a job, when there are jobs out there. I can't get to work, but yet can find a ride to the packy? Post anon. I don't want no bashing on anyone Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that they should be sterilized by the State and that they should be forced to work at the freakin' welfare office, or I think they should just be shot. It's crap. They make me livid, especially when I see the f*ckers spending money in the liquor stores and selling the formula that WIC buys them on Ebay. And, I'm being gentle here . . .
    Anonymous

• They are lazy and have what I call a "welfare mentality". I was on assistance for a few months when times were really tough, but never developed the mentality. My cousin is a career welfare recipient, though. For instance, she calls it "her pay", not public assistance. She thinks the state "owes" her. And instead of making a doctor's appointment when her child gets sick, she waits til he has a 104 temp and takes him to the ER. "It's free", she says. THAT is welfare mentality and it sucks!!!
    Anonymous

• anon 9:37.. I am the poster and I feel the same way!! if they are helping themselfs then fine, everyone needs help but what is up with using the system. Help only is ok!! abuse is NOT..I hope some of the welfare abusers read this and take it to heart.. NO ONE likes a FRAUD!~
    Anonymous

• I think it's awful. I know this woman who has 3 kids...she has no idea who the fathers are...they all have diff. fathers. One may be in prison. She lives completely off the government & has kids solely for the purpose of doing so. She trades her food stamps for crack, cig, & liquor money. She smoked crack/cigs during her pregnancies. She often leaves the children w/ her parents so she can go out all night. She has abused @ least one of the kids. At one point they were taken away from her. I think she has them back now. The doc has brought up getting her "fixed" but she refuses to. I think she is a complete disgrace.

But for those who actually need the assistance & are trying, I have nothing bad to say. It's not my place to say they're bad people. Some people just fall on hard times. As long as they try to get off welfare. But if they just get comfy riding the govt. then it's like WTF?! Do something w/ yourself!
    Anonymous

• I understand people can find themselves in a bad spot and need some TEMPORARY assistance. I just think that if you are on welfare, you should be cutting back in every area that isn't necessary. I would just like to ask anyone on welfare, If they are so poor and needy that they need assistance, why do they spend the little bit of cash they do get on cigarettes, beer, lottery tickets, cell phone bills, cable or satellite, things like that? Those things are not necessities, they are luxuries for those who can afford them.

Anonymous

• MMMMMMMMM
    Anonymous

• anon 9:39, poster here again..
    I know what you mean I lived in the projects and too had to be on welfare for a short time 4 months. I was put on bed rest while I was 29 weeks pregnant with my second child, due to labor starting all the time. I had a 3 1/2 year old at home and was single (father left us for a whore!!) so I had no choice, I stayed on and then when my son was 6 weeks old I put him and my other on in daycare and went back to work. Of course I got a voucher but I worked for it and had to pay a fee. I then decided I wanted to better myself so after about two weeks back to work (same job I had for 4 years) I told the welfare office I wanted to go to get my certifed Nursing Cert. So they paid the $450 for me to take the 4 week course . They told me to stay on welfare while I did it . I did NOT I worked and took it. Here I am Now better off working what I love, out of housing (bought house)....
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My sister did it and now they are in Fostercare. They gave her money, food stamps, medi-cal and free housing. So what did she do with her time? Drink and hangout with her boyfriend. Boyfriend moved in, they drank 24/7, she fought with her neighbors and got arrested then evicted, then moved in with my mom and spent our tax dollars NOT on food for her kids, NOT on soap to keep her kids and their clothes clean, NOT on anything she was supposed to. But she always had her beer! Finally I had to evict her because she was making my moms health deteriorate. CPS took her kids. Yeah, the system is a wonderful thing....
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• ...anon 9:39 (poster) and get no help with nothing and I have three children I am raising.. I too needed but didn't abuse the system.. Now to get on the ER thing a girl up the projects did that same thing, why because my tax dollars paid for it!!! She once brought her daughter up to the ER at 6am, on a monday morning for a ear infection.. come on!! you couldnt' give her tynelol and call the doctor at 8am..
    I now have my own insurance but when I used state I went to the ER maybe three times in 8 years!! once I had an attack and had an emergency opertaion, my 18 month old busted his head, and my son was dehidrated < doctor sent us to er from his office!!
    Anonymous

• Here's my 2 cents. If someone recieves public assistance they should either have a job or should have to do community service in order to recieve the assistance. There should be no such thing as a free ride for anyone, period.
    How could anyone really have pride if they live off the gov't without contrib to it?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009