• In the Spotlight:

school

Will their be school in 20 years from now?
What do you think education will be like?
Will our government stop funding schools?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think with technology there will be more school via the internet.
    I think if the gov't keeps spending like it does, schools will be in deep doo doo
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 9:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• With the way things are going I'm thinking of home schooling since there are hardly any teachers to teach now with all the cut backs.
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No clue but we homeschool, always have and always will, until college. But from what I know about the public schools, they need a massice overhaul, I just don't want my children to be swept up in that overhaul.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 10:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I hope parents take charge and start educating their own children. We don't need the public education system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm with anon 1248. Luckily, in a way, I waited to have child bc I will definitely homeschool. I learned alot from great teachers in my 70s in grade school but it all becomes vanity after that. Especially now with super Vain and mentally disturbed people out there teaching as well, I don't want my child exposed to this superficial way of life. School is like an alternate universe and then they get out and have no knowledge of how to live as hardworking independent employees. Life is too short to waste a childs mind as just another number. Its amazing how our Government has let down Americas future. Both parties seem guilty and now look at the mess we are in bc of these self absorbed offspring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The US spends more money per capita on education than any other industrialized nation, yet~ Our children are lacking in the neccessary education to compete in a global world. WHY? Because teacher unions, administrators, and parents want different things NONE OF WHICH SEEM TO BE FOR THE CHILDREN! jmo.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wont have kids in school in 20 year and I will be encouraging my kids to homeschool their kids. I don't want to be a part of the public school system anymore.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I homeschool. I don't have to worry about school cuts, good teachers being fired while the lousy ones with tenure stay on, or crappy, non-nutritious food in the cafeteria.  I've tried being active and participate with the school system, but they seem to be all talk, no action. 

I can't help but think our education system would be better if they money followed the child.  Eliminate public schools and let the parents take the money and pay for private schools, homeschooling, alternative schools, etc.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 4:11 PM on Apr. 3, 2009