Is it safe to mow while pregnant?

I remember hearing u shouldn't ride a riding mower after so many weeks.. it can jar the placenta loose... should i buy a push mower or fix my rider..:o)

emturner

Asked by emturner at 9:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never heard that but wouldn't the same hold true for driving? And I've never heard anyone say not to drive on bumpy roads after a certain time.
    For me the biggest concern would be the heat if it is a hot summer. I cut the grass (we only have a push style mower) at 6-7 months and started feeling sick so went inside where I passed out on the kitchen floor from heat exhaustion. I had only been outside for maybe 20 minutes and it was only in the mid-80s. My husband freaked out because he couldn't wake me up for a minute or so.
    Luckily I had enough forethought to lay down once I got inside because I started to get dizzy. I knew I couldn't make it to the couch so I just dropped to my knees and then gently fell over to my side and started to pass out as I rolled over onto my back...everything just kind of faded away after that. I woke up to my dh yelling at me to wake up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I did it until I was 8 months.
    Anonymous

• maybe i need to ride the mower, make this baby move along a little faster!

; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009