Do you believe that Jesus is of your nationality?

Respectfully asking...see I had a friend of mine(who is African American)tell me that she believes that Jesus was black. I notice a lot of white people have a red haired blue eyed version of him hanging on their wall. But I was thinking he might have been Middle Eastern because that's where he lived. It would be silly to argue, because I DON'T AGREE OR DISAGREE! If they love Him it shouldn't matter. But I was just wondering if anyone else believed that Jesus was of a certain race or nationality. I have never been told this before.

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one knows its all made up stories and traditions.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have always assumed he was an Israeli or something but I don't really know.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 10:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This should be interesting. The blonde hair pretty version is prolly a victorian version of christ. If you look at pictures of him threw the ages and different countries of the paintings origions he changes many many times. If you look at the area this was all suppose to happen, his parents well Mary's heritage anyway and Josephs if you believe a different version, Christ would of prolly been dark haired, shorter and dark skinned.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Doesn't really matter one way or the other.I mean the belief is in what God has to say not what his son looks like.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No, I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't American. And I'm pretty sure he probably didn't have red hair and blue eyes, too. I'm in the same thinking as you. He probably has dark hair, dark eyes and medium olive or brownish skin because he lived in Israel.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just think that he had a big nose as most Jews do.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• jesus was jewish, and probably had brown skin and looked like most people do in the middle eastern part of the world
    Anonymous

• I am sure (in my own mind anyway) that Jesus did not look like a typical white or black person. Middle east ppl have a different skin pigment then the ones I mentioned above.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 10:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The word is probably not prolly
    Anonymous

• Anon I know the word is probably. Why dont you stick to the question and stop being the spelling police.

The Renaissance era changed his looks. He looked too Jewish. Remember the Jews were persecuted.......they couldnt have a messiah that even though he was the king of the jews.......he couldnt look like one.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009