how big is your 15 month old?

My son is 29 inches long (which is only the 5th percentile for his age)

He is 23 lbs. which is avg. and his head is 48cm. which his dr. said is in the 85th percentile and if he doesn't have a growth spurt soon that there could be learning issues because his head is big for his body. Anyone else been told this and your son is still ok or if he or she did have learning issues what were they?

mama2005

Asked by mama2005 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He just had his 15-month ck. He is 30.75", 21 lbs 10 oz and his head is 19 inches (which is about 48 cm). The nurse listed his head circumference at 55% and the doctor never said anything about a learning issue or head being too large. That is just peculiar that there is a 30% discrepancy on the percentile with the head. Hmmmm....I'll be interested to see what others say.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 10:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i think my son was about 25 lbs at that age and about 32 in. long. im not positive tho
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think that you need not worry. Why is your pediatrician telling you crap like that any ways? Ignore it. Your son is a growing boy that's still going to grow. I just can't get over that the pediatrician said something like that to you. I bet you won't find a single person on here that's ever heard of that because it's ridiculous! You just carry on with your perfect little boy:)
    Anonymous

• Well I forgot I even posted this question. My lil man has caught up just fine the dr. has not said anything else except that he is a little underweight for his height other than that everything is average.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 8:48 PM on Aug. 26, 2009