Bladder contractions? Baby kicking?

Every once in a while i feel little thumps on what i think is my bladder. Is this the baby kicking my bladder, or bladder contractions? What causes bladder contractions if it is?? Is it normal?

Mrsdenick28

Asked by Mrsdenick28 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its your baby kicking get used to it lol, bad thing is they get very painful
    momof4520

Answer by momof4520 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wondered the same thing. I would get sharp pains on what I think is my bladder. It would hurt me really bad like I couldnt move for a second. My doctor said when your bladder gets full or has ppe in it, it gets bigger and is easier for the baby to kick and move around on. So always make sure its empty.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yeah it could be the baby punching ur bladder but most likely its hiccups- does it feel like a light painless somewhat annoying thump thump thump kind of rythmic bumping? if so then what ur baby has is a case of hiccups lol- i love when i feel them- and dont worry cause its actually a good sign its ur baby preparing to digest its food when they are born- my doc told me that when the baby is born they hiccup alot to help in the digestion process- but if its not so rythmic and it happens here and there then it could be just little punches or the baby rolling over him ur uterus
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009