How young is too young? Single ladies

I recently started talking to a guy online that has a newborn child - as in, born less than 2 weeks ago, as well as a 2 year old and 3 year old. I'm not sure whether or not they all have the same mother because I haven't been able to figure out how to ask in a tactful way. Something about the whole thing is just turning me off. I don't like the thought of dating a man with a newborn, although I have no problem with previous children.

So, my question is this: would you consider dating a man with a newborn child and/or 3+ kids under the age of 5?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• If he has three children by one woman and one of those children is that young, I would leave it alone because obviously those children will need thier father and you will have drama for a very long time to deal with..Now if he has three children by three different women, then three women cannot be wrong in not being with him any longer...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:18 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No, these kids need their daddy, and I would not want to be responsible for tearing his attention away from them. Maybe it's something he would think about if a woman said, instead of dating, you should be parenting your kids. He should not be dating, and I would not date him.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't date him.
    For whatever reasons, his own.. he's not withteh mom and is already out looking for another girl.
    I agree with kemclaughlin and stay away.
    He should be parenting, not looking for a wifey.
    When his kids are i nschool then fine.. but not now.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Why don't you feel comfortable asking about the situation? When kids are involved I think it's best to find everything out up front. You aren't asking anything weird. I would want to know too. And if he has nothing to hide or be ashamed of, he won't mind telling you. But he sounds pretty busy to me. If you know what I mean.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You're right- its because i get the feeling he's a busy man that I feel uncomfortable asking. I'm not looking to be baby mama #4.
    Anonymous

• No he sounds like to me to have
    too
    much
    baggage!!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• how ghetto
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with GMR, it wouldnt bother me so much that he has a young child its that he has 3 young children. That just sounds like a lot of drama waiting to happen to me.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i wouldnt date him for the simple fact he might still be "involved" with his new born's mother. guys usually say they moved on but it's still new feelings there because of the baby. and another reason is because if he can up and leave his new born's mother quickly then he can do it to you also. he might not have any compassion at all.
    bosslady163

Answer by bosslady163 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You women are rude. What if something happened to the mom? my dad raised me and my sis because my mom walked out on us when i was a week old. maybe he needs some emotional support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2009