Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

me and her dad

Okay so I went to court and got my babys dad on the birthcrt took a long fight.. oh well and then he has rights to see her once a month hasnt seen her ever... that was 6 months ago and still hasnt seen her.. is there a way i can get full custody or do i already have that and what about moving.. can i move to another state.. mm im confused how this works i got a temp court order and he isnt showing up is there anything i can do.. and what about getting a perm order?? anyone got any advice?? live in washington state

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • you have to go to court for all of that. Don't just assume and do as you please because it could turn around to bite you in the butt! I hope everything works out. What you need to start doing is documenting, when he is supposed to visit and doesn't show, when he calls, emails. I use a calender and it helps me to remember so I can go back and check if I forgot to write something down. Also, know that there are 2 types of custody, legal and physical. You could already have primary physical but you and her dad might share legal.

    Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • go take all these questions to family court..they'll be able to answer all your questions. gl

    Answer by tnteaton at 11:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • its different for every state. here if the parents were never married (even if dad is on the BC) mom has full custody (until dad files for joint) and can move if she wants but that isnt the law everywhere. Look into the laws in your state.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • I am from Wa. oriiginally. Had a cousin who went through something similar. I know that they ad to wait two years to have his rights terminated. After two years with absolutely no contact, they went to court, and he lost all rights.

    Answer by anorman08 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • I need him to help support her, which he does. but i dont want to end up with an issues about he said she said about him coming to see her ect.. and i want to be able to raise my baby with out having to ask him anything since he isnt a part of her life

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • You need to speak to a lawyer.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.