Liars?

I have a fussy 4-week old and all the other moms I talk to (of older babies) all insist their kids never cried much at this stage. I find that really hard to believe and really annoying. How many perfect newborns really exist? Do you think moms just forget how difficult newborns are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you might want to think about talking to mothers who have experienced colic. If the crying is truly excessive it could be that.

There really are babies who don't cry much as newborns - their mothers don't deserve to be called liars.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I think we forget.
    Anonymous

• Okay. I have 3 and they never cried all the time. They were actually good babies. They didn't fuss. Maybe your has colic. , or something else is bothering him/her. And I don't deserve to be called a liar.
    Anonymous

• First rule of dealing with other mothers... THEY LIE.
    So many people feel the need to have the PERFECT baby; you will hear about peoples kids walking and talking 6 months. Kids who have never cried latched the first time they tried, sleep threw night from day 2 ect ect ect
    I am not saying these things don't happen from time to time,nor am I saying all mothers lie, but some do feel the need to so take things other mothers say with a gain of salt.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 10:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My son had colic and cried at least 12 hours out of the day from 3 weeks till about 5 1/2 months than after the colic calmed down he had really bad acid reflex not to mention he was scared of people like terrified of people at 4 months(like broke out in hives if he didnt know u & u just said hi)...... NO baby is perfect.!!!! DONt let no one tell u different!
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My newborn cries a lot. She has some bad tummy problems that we are working on. She is just like me when I was a baby according to my mom. Mylicon gas drops has helped out tons with the crying and when we changed her formula, that helped out too.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• new borns cry..im about to have #3 and i dont remember how much my baby cried..but it IS a possibility that your baby Could have colic...dont listen to other moms..if it concerns You, try taking baby to the dr incase there is something wrong.. GL
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When my son was a newborn there was only one night I can remember when he actually cried for an hour. Other than that he never cried. Im not a liar. For the last month he has been a lil fussy butt though. But there are babies who dont cry much when they are newborns. He is four months now, and he spits up like crazy. No one is perfect, but yes some things are true.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 11:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Just remember that every baby is different. My LO cried alot but she had colic and acid reflux. Once we got her on meds for the reflux I actually started to like my baby. When the colic died down at about 12 weeks I started to really love my baby. If it concerns you have your LO checked out maybe something else is going on. I wish you all the luck. Once it is fixed you will really like your baby I promise.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My son was in the NICU for a month and was always so good and never cried.......until we brought him home!!! I thought I was a bad mom, he cried ALOT!!! ALL babies do this at one time or another. Well, almost all. My sis had a baby boy who was the poster child for "good babies". Never cried a lot. Slept ALL NIGHT at like one month old!!!! My son was a preemie, so he didnt sleep all night till he was 8 MOS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are not alone. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009