Why does it matter?

What does it matter to so many if someone doesn;t believe in god, or the christian god. Honestly is going to hurt you if they don't believe in you faith? Being completly serious can someone plz tell me why so many christian get so upset about none believers and other faiths? Should they worry about thier salvation and let other worry about thiers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think a lot of Christians feel threatened by others beliefs...but they'd never admit it. a lot of Christians were raised that way & thats why they believe in it. so when asked a question they cant answer, instead of doing the humble thing & admitting they dont know, they lash out w/ anger & insults.

also, there are many Christian churches that teach that if you dont believe in God the same way they do then you are evil. i know b/c ive been to plenty of them. not even other Christian denominations are safe from other Christians haha.

but that isnt ALL Christians...just a good number of them.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't get upset over it. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to believe. I believe in God , and if others don't that is fine. I'm not going to knock them and not going to not be friends with them. After all maybe , some way I can make a difference in their life.
    Anonymous

• its in our beliefs to worry about our fellow brothers and sisters if you are not a believer of our god. We want the best for everyone and that meaning if you do not believe and sin you will be judged by god and possibly not forgiven and damned.
    Anonymous

• I really wish I knew. it is sad though that people are that way to each other.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 10:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Anon 10:54 is it your belief or part of your religion? And if it's part of your religion then can you quote me where you are told to do that?
    Anonymous

• Why can't we get past these damn questions? I as a christian believe what GOD has to say if you do not that is your choice. I am not forcing my beliefs on you so keep your beliefs to yourself please. The people who keep bringing these things up time and time again need to get a life already.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:02 you need to take a chill pill. I asked an a simple question that I was wondering about and what opinions on. No one said you were forcing anything on anyone. All I said was that some do. And I was wondering why. And I wasn't forcing my beliefs on you either it was just a question, chill out!
    Anonymous

• Some people just feel the need to "save" you from damnation. I know they mean well. But it does get on your nerves. But they could be trying to sell me some crack, so I guess I'll be happy they are just trying to sell me god. I just smile and nod and move on to another subject.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't get upset, but I do feel bad for them, because with what I believe, if they don't they go to hell..
    Anonymous

• The Bible tells us to go out to all people and preach the gospel.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009