• In the Spotlight:

My 1 year old is still not sleeping through the night.

He is no longer on formula or bottle and he eats table food. He still wakes up at least 2 a night. I know he is not hungry and I am think that it is just a habit. When he wakes up he starts to cry and won't stop even if I carry him to try to put him back to sleep. If anyone has any suggestions please email me.. Very very desprete to get a full nights rest. Thank you..

motherof2_4y_5m

Asked by motherof2_4y_5m at 10:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving him some water in a sippy my i year old daughter (Zoey) wakes up like that and i get her a cup of water and calm her and then lay her back down( sometimes with her cup) thats what works for her but every child is different.
    brees3

Answer by brees3 at 10:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yeah I have tried that and it seems to just wake him up more. I have a 4 year old (Jr) and he was such a great baby if he woulf wake up he would just stay in his crib but my 1 year old (Urban) won't as soon as he wakes up he is crying. I have even tried giving him warm milk with cereal in it and it still doesn't work. Thank you for the advice and I am just hoping it will all change soon.
    motherof2_4y_5m

Answer by motherof2_4y_5m at 11:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Anon 8:38...dont be a bitch...that's uncalled for....some people on here are such trash....
    Anonymous

• maybe wait a little til you get him from his crib, sometimes my son crys and let him cry for 5-10mins and he falls back to sleep, but never longer then 15mins. Sometime if you feed them to close to bedtime they will wake up because the carbs give then energy.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 12:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Thank you for everyone that has given me advice. I have one thing to say to whoever that posted anonymous saying that maybe it his name I feel sorry for you cause you didn't even have the BALLS to put who you are but yet you have time to make fun of other peoples kids.. FYI that is a nick name for him!! Thank you to the other anonymous person I agree with you there are some people out there who are just trash. But I look at it as they have no life that it makes them feel good to try to put people down... May GOD bless all of you that are nive enough to give nice helpful advice. DilsMommy I will try to leave him to see if he does go back to sleep.. Thank you again to everyone that is willing to help and not be A**es about it..
    motherof2_4y_5m

Answer by motherof2_4y_5m at 12:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 1:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2009