Red Wine

Okay, so hubby went to the doctor today and has HIGH blood pressure! Everyone we've talked to says drinking a glass of Red Wine a day will help bring it down. Neither one of us is wine drinkers, but if it really works, he's willing to try it.
So does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind to try? Usually were beer drinkers, so we don't have a clue about how they taste and such. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• My father had HBP, and from what I know his Dr told him that potassium was a must. Like bananas.. He also said to get enough calcium.
    I had HBP when I was pregnant and the Dr said I should eat TUMS because they are loaded with calcium... I haven't heard about the red wine thing..
    Hope I was a little help, GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My hubby's doc told him to drink some dark red wine too. We have tried a lot recently trying to find one he likes. So far a pretty good one comes from a box LOL its called The Black Box. Walmart carries it, as does most liquor stores. Vampire also make pretty good reds.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Spanish red wines are wonderful, they are normally less dry than American ones. Try a Lan Rioja, you should be able to find it at any wine store. They should run about $10-$20 per bottle depending on the year.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009