How were you proposed to?

brees3

Asked by brees3 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Acutally I proposed to my hubby. We were laying in bad after doing the deed and I asked him to take me to Tennessee for my birthday, he said sure we can go to Applebees.Smartass!
    Anyway, we lived together for 2 weeks and I didn't want to just live together, I figured if we wanted to live together we should be married. 7 years later, I should have went to Applebees. LOL
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We were hiking up a small mountain in New Hampshire. We got to this spot that was sort of flat with a GORGEOUS view and he pulled out a white rose and got down on one knee. The ring was attached to the rose . He had never gotten a white rose for anyone before. He said he knew he wanted to propose with a white rose so he never got one for anyone until that day. I was his first white rose.

he's the romantic one in the marriage.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• let me start by saying that my now husband and I had a bet about the ring because I said I wanted a heart shaped diamond. He said they didn't make them...I said, wanna bet and if they do, you have to buy it for me. We went and looked and sure enough, they had one. We both laughed and I thought nothing more about it. About a month after that we were driving around a nearby lake looking at houses. There was a little picnic area so we stopped and were just sitting in the back of the truck w/ the tailgate down. He said he needed a tissue so he went and got in the truck. I wasn't paying too much attention but then when I looked over at him, he was kneeling down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And....he had the heart shaped diamon ring. That was 10 years ago last September and we were married on New Years Eve three months after that.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Very unromantic. We went out on a casual date one evening and took his car to the car wash. Afterwards we watched some TV in his apartment and he said, also casually, that he thought we should get married. I had to ask if this were a proposal. He said he guessed so. So I said I'd think about it. Which I did all night. The next morning I called and asked him to come over. I was shaking so hard. He did, and I said I'd marry him. We walked around for a while, and I asked my mother to invite him for supper the next day. It was then that he told my parents that he'd asked me to marry him and asked for their blessing, which they gave joyfully. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Wait Kiter mine is way romantic,

My husband and I had been together for 10 years, we were driving down the freeway and he said to me, "I think it's time we get married"
    So I say "ok"
    Three months later we went to Vegas and got hitched.

See told you it was romantic, ha ha ha just kidding.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• DH and I had a long on and off history before I had my son (with another man) and then for a long time before we were married. We went to Niagra Falls for a hockey tournament when DS was 8 and we sat on a bench and DS is running around and were talking and he is blabing on and on about stuff becuase we had recently been seperated for 6 months but back together for a couple of months, anyway he's talking and I am about to tell him "ENOUGH ALREADY I AM SICK OF THIS CONVERSATION!" I turn to say that when he says if I asked you to marry me what would you say - now we had this conversation a billion times so I turn to yell at him and he says "What if this time I had a ring" and he did! My son knew he was going to propose for 2 weeks and never let on!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• LOL!!
    I wanted to just elope and not have to deal with a wedding + family.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We were at a graduation cookout for his cousin and he got down on one knee and propose to me. I was looking like a vampire with all that red barbeque sauce around my mouth and hands.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• We were young, I was 18...anyway we were cuddling on the couch in his parents livingroom, listening to the Beatles White Album, the lights were off except for one in the corner where his foster brother was reading. He said I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want you to be the mother to my children.
    I jumped up and told him to never call me again. We had only been dating for six weeks. What was he thinking?
    Anyway we were married two and a half years later and have been married for ten wonderful years.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mine was believe it or not over the phone. Hubby was in A scool in Great lakes, I was in Washington. We were joking around, it was a new relationship, I said"I dare you to say it", thinking he would tell me he loved me. Boy was I shocked when he said "will you marry me?" Our one year anniversary is comingup in May.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009