would you give your child herbal supplements, that have been tested, instead of antibiotics?

chrissy_b

Asked by chrissy_b at 12:55 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Health

• I would very carefully research the potential side effects of any herbal supplement. I would, and have used, whole food supplements with my son, but did plenty of research to make sure that I wouldn't cause more harm than good.
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• That would totally depend on what you were going to need the antibiotics for in the first place. If there is infection in the body you might have to treat it with antibiotics. Then you work on getting there system back to normal. You have to use probiotics to get the flora back to normal, and supplements appropriate to their age to keep them healthy. You need to have someone helping you who not only sells a product but is knowledgeable about what to use and most important what NOT to use. If I can help answer any questions feel free to ask.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 1:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008