What would you say to this program teacher?

I'm upset very upset, this lady that helps with the after school program has been talking out of line about my son and giving my friends crap that if my son is at there place her son will not beallowed fine she can be stuck up but when i caught her talking about my son to other mothers i think its a lil out of line and i notice she like to gossip so if this happen to you how would you handle it? or what would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go directly to the head person of the afterschool program and tell her what is going on. That is totally out of line for her to do. If she has a problem she should have come to you, but she sounds like a gossipy coward. Or better yet, ask her to join you to talk to the manager and then ask her about it in front of the manager. Go get"er.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You need to know exactly what she said, to whom she said it and when she said it and where. Specific instances. Then go to the school board (or whomever is in charge) and report her. Explain that she is damaging your son's reputation with other parents and that if there are any behavior problems, she ought to be coming to you so that the problems can be solved. I'm not sure how she feels that speaking poorly of your son to other parents will help him grow and mature.

No cursing, no freaking out and make sure your thoughts are organized and clear and concise. You want to make sure to be percieved as a concerned parent who has truly been wronged, not another crazy momzilla who freaks every time something doesn't go her kid's way. (I'm not saying I feel you are a "momzilla" lol. You just don't want THEM to write you off as one). I wouldn't say anything to the woman unless the school couldn't/wouldn't handle it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• MMMMMMMMM I WOULD TELL HER WHAT YOU THOUGHT IN YOUR MIND MMMMMMM
    Anonymous

• If she is a program leader she has an obligation to treat all of the children equally. If your son is misbehaving that is between you and her and your son. She can talk to her Site Leader but geez, to discuss this with other moms warrants her getting disciplined. I work at a school and have moms put me in a position where they want to know how so and so behaves and I tell them I can't discuss another childs nehavior with them. I have had moms ask what type of discipline another kid got and I always say, "I'm not at liberty to disclose that"
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Aye Aye November Love, very good advice I agree with her.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Report her. She is breaking confidentiality agreements. She shouldn't be talking about other children to other parents. She needs to be disciplined.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009