Does this bug you?

Does it bother you when someone posts a question or long answer with no or next to no, punctuation? It drives me nuts! I don't expect perfection. I am sure my grammar, sentence structure, spelling is not always perfect, but geez! I think it makes the poster look like an uneducated idiot who won't even try! My second grader does better than some of the Moms on here! Am I alone in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I mostly agree. I do try to use good punctuation and I am a pretty good speller. I think some people just hurry and don't worry about it. But it does make you wonder how smart they are.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yea i sorta agree. I always have to punctuate.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 11:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I know your talking about me and you seen my post so why don't you show your face since you have to complain about my typing huh? and if you didn't like it you should of left this whole talk about how i typed my question and you should of went to my question and complain to my face not bring other in your drama of hate about punctuate.

Anonymous

• Yes, I agree with you. It drives me crazy with how some posters word questions and comments. Read over what you typed before submitting it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Holy Hell! Cat fight! LOL
    GMR

• before i actually read a post, i scan it. If i dont see one period or comma in the whole thing, i click the back button and go to the next one!!! i hate trying to read things with no punctuation!
    heartsandskulls

Answer by heartsandskulls at 11:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my husband doesnt use any punctuation and he cant spell worth a dam but he is one of the smartest ppl i no....he is just always in a hurry...
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You know what is really funny, anon 11:26? I was NOT talking about you (not in particular, any way), because I have NO IDEA who you are! But isn't it funny that you assumed I was?
    Anonymous

• I am obsessive about it...and I can't stand when people don't spell...I mean not even close!!
    Anonymous

• I hate that people on here don't use the spell check or can't punctuate a sentence properly. What goes through my mind is if they can't write properly how are they going to raise a child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009