Weaning my son?

I have been weaning my son for over 2 weeks now. I completely stopped breast feeding a week ago. My Dr. said to wear a tight bra and take some pain killers and after three days I would be done...HAHAHA! I still have milk, I am still engorged, and I still very very sore. When my son cries, it's embarassing!! I leak all over the place. So, I am still wearing bra pads. Can anyone help me??

SUZYQMOM

Asked by SUZYQMOM at 11:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can take cold cabbage leaves, break the "veins" in the leaves and place them in your bra. After a couple days, it should go away....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Also your dr can prescribe something to stop the milk production.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Doc gave you such poor advice. Cold turkey is a way to make yourself sick, and a tiht bra will contrbute.

Weaning is done by dropping only one feeding at a time, over a space of weeks. Cold turkey should be avoided unless you're going to have a dire medical procedure.

Now, if you don't want to put baby o breast, at least pump before you get mastitis. Then put cabbage leaves in your bra as directed above.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009