How much do I charge?

My friend is moving close to me for work. And is losing her sitter. So she wants me to watch her kids. He daughter will be got to a preschool 5 days a week, she's 3 and her son is one. And I will have then verious hours, no set scedual. But atleat 1-2 times a week. I told her I'd be more then happy to watch them, but she is insisting she pay me. And left it up to me to decide on how much. My only prefernce is help provide snacks and 10 buck at the end of every month so I can do arts and crafts with the kids. But other then that how much would I charge? She won;t take no for an answer.

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you may wnat to look at this another way! We want to not pay much for things in life and we want the best deals. We also want to get what we paid for! If you are only charging me $10 then I would say to myself I get what I pay for and therefore that is no the kind of service I want for my child! On the other hand it seems as though your friend is trying to do you a service by keeping this somewhat of a business deal to keep the friendship in good standing.

Remember when you are doing home based work you want to take into account the bills that my go up from this service. Electricity, food, water, garbage, telephone, toy replacements, etc... What do you feel you would charge someone who whas not a friend and then charge your friend 50% or 75% off that price.

You have a great friend it sounds like who does not want to abuse your friendship!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 4:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Allow her to pay you. If you do not need to money set it aside for a "fun" fund for you to do things with her...to bless her from time to time...and to pay down any debt you may have.

It is okay to FEEL GOOD about it. :) You can do some searches on child care costs.

SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I charge $2.50 an hour for one kid, or $4 an hour for 2 kids.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009