Tornado procedures with infant?

Anyone know if there's anything special I need to do with baby in the event of a tornado? I know how to take care of myself, SO, the cats, etc. It never occurred to me that something might happen with her being so small. Anyone know of a resource that might help?

Danniew09

Asked by Danniew09 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think that you could do the same thing that you would do with yourself ( I'm in Iowa and I have a seven month old...summer's a commin! Bring on the storms!!) I would take baby to the basement, maybe in his or her car seat, or a pack and play? If you don't have a basement, then the most interior room in the house on the lowest level, just cover baby up as much as you can in the event (remember the books they made you take in the hallway in school during a tornado drill?) If you are in a bathroom, use a mattress (if possible). In MY case, the place that we have would be a closet, and we would have to pull our kitchen table in to block us. Stay low, stay covered and wait it out mama!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2009