I still don't know how to get my son to go to sleep

It seems like only my husband can get him to go to bed and stay asleep. He's 8 months old and sometimes I can lay him down with a bottle and he'll go to sleep but other times he just drinks it and stays awake. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lay him down and with out the bottle. He will eventually fall asleep. My DD goes to bed and it may take her 20 min or so to go to sleep b/c she is talking to her lovey's. It is not a bad thing for a child to figure out how to put themselves to sleep.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have no problem feeding my DD then rocking her to go to sleep....I think she sleeps much better. He's still kinda young anyway?? But that's just me.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• He won't go to sleep if I try to rock him. He just squirms and fusses. I would love for him to learn how to put himself to sleep. I just have no idea where to start!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Head to the bookstore for a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution." It will help you.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009