why is it if you say you are in an interacial marriage its always assumes black and white?

My husband is japanese and I am white

yoshiwife

Asked by yoshiwife at 12:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont know. my sons dad is filipino, i'm white.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think its just whats most common right now. Its the "majority interacial marriage". Especially if you live in a place thats pretty much only white...with a few black people here and there.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My husband is Mexican and I am a mutt. lol ok or white. I have alot of everything in me.

moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I never considered myself to be in an interracial marriage till someone else pointed it out. My husband is mexican & I am white. Never occurred to me really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It depends on where you live or whom you ask.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• MY HUSBAND IS MEXICAN AND IM WHITE..I LOVE HIM!!
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 6:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• That's funny anon at 10:44

When I was married to my sons father I had the same revelation once someone pointed it out to me. He was/is hispanic and I am a mutt but look white. I was like Whoa I am in an interracial marriage...*laughs* Never really thought about it before and honestly didn't hink much about it after either.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009