they should make things to cover the cords in the outlet...

Have you noticed they have everything for the outlets, dishwasher, stove you name it but nothing to pervent the children from actually pulling out the cord out of the outlet?!?!? We all should think of ideas to work towards something like this...it is just as dangerous as anything else! Any ideas? I cant always put furniture in front of the cords..(my son is 15months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my sister lived in Germany, she had these metal boxes mounted around her outlets. They had these slots that slid open for a plug and then they slid closed so the just covered the cord. They were really cool and came in the apartment. I am not sure if they were standard, or something the previous tenants put up. But if a cord did come undone, it would just lay inside the box. The box latched and was hard for me to open when I was 12.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• They do...
    http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Outlet-Cover-Shortener/dp/B000HKVG9C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1238732904&sr=8-2
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• AHA thank you!!!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We have some, and LOVED them!

http://www.mace.com/index.php/product/index/id/129
    Mama2Becks

Answer by Mama2Becks at 1:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• actually they do I got mine at toys r us. they're great.

litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009