how can i get some help....

my son is very aggresive and seems to be angry all the time. i dont know whats wrong with him or where he's learning it from. he always argue and scream at everyone. it's starting to scare me because now i feel a if im doing something wrong. should i take him to see someone, or is this just a phase that all kids go through?????

bosslady163

Asked by bosslady163 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All kids get angry occasionally, but if its starting to scare you then I would suspect its more than the occasional attitude problem. Talk to your pediatrician about it, and see what he/she says. They might recommend a specialist for further evaluation. Are there any developmental problems going on as well? Any major changes in the household? Does something in particular seem to trigger it? Is it mostly directed at one person? Its just really hard to tell if this is something to really be concerned about without knowing how long its been going on and the surrounding factors. Good luck!
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 12:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• when my 3 yr old stops or i can controll it i will let u no!
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 1:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My 3 year old is very angry, and becoming more violent towards his brothers. Right now, it's only his brothers he goes after...no adults and no other kids at school (but he's only there for a couple of hours)

We have a couple of reasons for his behavior, but that doesn't make it easier to handle. He's on the autism spectrum and his asthma medications don't help his anger at all!! (gets worse when he's on them).

When he's totally out of control I MAKE him wear his compression vest. It calms him almost instantly! If he's just "a little mad" it's not worth the battle to get it on him, and he doesn't like to wear it all the time (and recently learned how to take it off! lol) But with his sensory issues, the vest helps a LOT.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• An evaluation for him may be what you need as a parent. Even if it is just a phase, the evaluator(s) may be able to give you tips on how to help him work through it. Watch his behavior and make notes of the patterns and talk to his pediatrician about it. If it's not a phase b your family will get the help you need.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009