If your husband were to leave you.. Can you take care of your self and kids?

Me, I personally don't know. I have a high school education. But these days you need 2 incomes to pay the bills or At least a college degree to get by. Maybe its time i get a plan"B". Just in case it didnt work out one way or another. Do you ever think about this? Maybe he dont leave you for a nother woman but, he could pass away before you. Tomorrow isnt promised to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• One of the things my mother insisted on was that I know how to care for myself on my own. Her parents had insisted on the same thing. Yes, I'd be able to take care of myself and my son.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Nope I would be moving back to my home state to live with my parents! I couldn't support my family right now. But, this is a great reason to have life insurance AND education. We are working on both. I want to be a SAHM but I want to be able to get a job that pays well if I had to.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• mine won't leave. but he could die. younever know. You are right- Tomorrow is not a promise.

I know with life insurance I'd be good for a couple of years. long enough to get myself in place of some sort of employment.

I'm probably move back with my parenst to save some money for a while.

My main concern would be homeschooling while being single. but with my parents help I could still do that I bet.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would love to say that mine would never leave, but lets face the facts, I can't see into the future, and I am his third wife. However he was not the one who left his last two marriages.... So... I don't know. But to answer the question, I would move back to NY where my family is and prob move in with my Dad for a bit until I find a job. I have a dual BA, but I haven't worked in the last two years... So i know it would take time. I do have a seprate bank account though with back up money that I've been saving for since I got my first job, and hopefully I won't have to ever touch it. Kinda like MAD Money....
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes. I've been a single mom before and could do it again. He wouldn't leave, but if he did both of our parents would be helpful and supportive, and if something were to happen to either of us, the other one gets enough cash to last in our current lifestyle for ten years.

I'm not afraid of being alone.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, there was a time where all the money being made was mine while he was looking for work. I paid for daycare, and such and went to school full time. I was my own person on my own before I met my husband. It's not the 50's where you go from your parents house to your husband's house anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes, I would. I would move close to a military base so I could get an Aviation Safety job. That's what I was doing while I was still living in the states and was making really good money.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would have a lot of support... its finding a job that would be the difficult part.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well, my hubby wouldn't leave (we've been married since we were 18, so 13 years!), and if he were to pass away we do have a good life insurance policy that would support us for a few years even if I wasn't working at all. If that were to happen, I would move back to Texas where my family lives adn buy a house just big enough for me to run a home daycare, and I would finish my associates degree and open my own home daycare which would support us fairly well in supplement to life insurance. But God forbid that ever happen!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm not sure that I would have it that easy. I know my DH wouldn't leave me but he's pretty overweight and has been since he was a kid. I think about this alot and it's daunting to think about it. I pretty much married outta my folks house so I didn't have alot of experience in the working world. I did get my CNA license, but now it's not current with me being a SAHM. I'd need to take the class again to get recertified and I'm not sure that is something I want to go back to. I'd need schooling for sure. My brother is currently living back at my folks so I'm not sure how great my options are there and that's like the 3rd time he's moved back in. I do have life insurance which is good. Right now it's scarier to think about with the way the economy is going. If everyone is getting laid off and theres no jobs....what does one do?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009