Do you have your own stash of Mad Money???

Just curious how many other women have their own secuity egg??
I do, I started it way before my hubby, and I've been putting money in it at least once a month. And for those that will say I'm taking hubby's money - no I'm not. We budget the money so that each of us has so much money for us to have as spending money every month. I just put most of mine in a seprate account. He goes golfing with his LOL. Just curious if others do this too?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 12:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Yup, I do. I skim it right off the top every month. 1% of his gross, which isn't much goes right into my savings. And $50.00 goes into each kids account too, for there weddings or school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yeah. But unfortunately I always wuss out on the "mad" part and throw it into my savings account.

There's a certain amount of satisfaction knowing that if something bad happened, I could get by on my savings for awhile. And I know how to bargain hunt. =)
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:56 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Neither of us have any kind of squirreled-away cash of any amount... every penny is going to household expenses right now! Once things lighten up a little, I'll be able to spend my money on whatever I want. I'm going to get a tat.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No, that's disrespectful to the marriage. Whatever money we both have goes towards bills. If someone is hiding money, they shouldn't be in that marriage.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 1:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I do and he knows it.. Have about 6000$ I put a little away at a time. we been married 5 years now, but he knows that I would never put me or my kids in something with out having a back up for my kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• The money I had before we got married is still mine. Same as his. But any monies we have aquired since then is ours. We are married. There is no more his and mine.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with doing that, it's actually very smart. It's not as if you're socking it away for an unsavory reason, you're protecting yourself should something unspeakable happen and if there was a true family emergency, that money's there.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009