Honestly what do u think when u see a woman wearing clothes she really shouldn't be wearing?

My husband says I need to be more comfotable with my body and wear more revealing clothes. I do NOT feel comfortable wearing clothes that "show off" my body. I don't want to be "that woman" you see in the store wearing shorts and showing off her extremely white legs covered in cellulite. Or the one with a low cut shirt showing off the sagging post-breastfeeding boobs. Nor do I want to wear tight clothes that lets everyone count the amount of rolls I have in my mid-section. I understand that those clothes are just not for me. I don't dress frumpy. I just wear regular clothes that flatter my body type. When I told my husband I don't want to be "that woman" he said, "Well at least that woman is comfortable with her body." I was hurt by his comment. IMO when a woman who wear things she shouldn't be people just laugh at her behind her back. I see and hear it all the time. He says that if I was confident than it wouldn't matter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Hate to break it you, but your hubby is right. What others think of you is none of your business. It took me a while to get comfortable in my own skin to. Start doing things to help make yourself feel better. Good luck!
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 1:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Tell him you will if he will.

But honestly, does he want you to dress up just for him? If so, give him a lil show every now and again. And if he wants you to do it in public, ask him why he wants other people to stare at his wife's body.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 1:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with #2. My husband would not want me to dress skanky in front of other people. He appreciates the fact that I dress modestly.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 1:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have mixed feelings when I see women like this. First, I'll say, "She is a hot ass mess!". Then I'll think it must be nice to not have to worry about fat rolls...Wish I was less self conscious. Sounds like your husband is trying to offer you a compliment. He must think your body is nice. Accept his compliment without putting your body down. You are obviously not comfortable with revealing clothes and you should not wear anything that you are not comfy in. Maybe you can wear more reavealing things for "his eyes only". : -)
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You want my honest opinion right? When i see a chick walking around in some thing she "shouldn't" be wearing I think, "Does she know what she looks like?" or "Did she look in the mirror??" And yes I do agree the majority of people laugh at her. That being said I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to walk around with their ass hanging out in public....unless that public place happens to be a strip club : )

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• To me it seems disrespectful to yourself and others to wear extremely immodest clothes in public. I am a mother of two teenage boys and I cannot tell you how frusrating it is to go out in public with my sons and some woman is showing off her expensive tits to the world. I know my daughter will NEVER dress that way. IMO it shows low self esteem if you need to have strangers oogle over your body.

As for private go wild! If your husband loves your body and wants to see it then let him. But the way I read it is that he wants you to go out in public that way.

Anonymous

• Skanky and comfortable are two different things. If he wants you to dress more revealing, then do it AT HOME for him but tell him that you are not going to wear clothes you don't feel comfortable in out in public just because he thinks you should. But it sounds like he's the one who's not comfortable with the way you dress..... there's a compromise, try to find it. Maybe he just wants you to dress it up a little. You could do that without dressing down.

This makes me think about my husband's cousin.... she has a 17, 13 and 11 year old and she is constantly going around with her financed double-d's hanging out of one shirt or another, or posting pics of her boobs trying to escape at some bar she went to....

I think I dress sexy but modest. There is a lot to be said about leaving something to the imagination.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was reading something earlier. Actually more women who feel insecure dress like that to fit in, because they feel inadequate, and are misled by what attractive is. More confident women find ways to look good and still keep some modesty. He's wrong IMO. If a woman on here that has dressed like that says it wasn't at least partly because of insecurity, she must be flawless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• you can't go to the mall or grocery store without seeing some gal wearing clothes that are too tight, boobs flopping around, or midrift (midrift? how about 'continential divide'??) showing. why women wear clothing too small/short for their size is beyond me. a heavy woman in a bathing suit (that fits properly) at the beach having a good time with her kids/hubby/friends? now that's confidence..not a 200lb 'lady' whose bare tummy is hanging over her about-to-bust jeans, or even a fit, but 'paid for' chicky whose breastseses are 'now showing daily/nightly'. have a little respect ladies! i agree, whatever goes on in private is fine..let the man/SO see you how he wants to..but give the rest of the world a break when you're out in public. it ain't cute. and it aint' even disgusting. its laughable!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• he is right and I love you ladies but it is getting a little catty in here...................
    DanaWar

Answer by DanaWar at 5:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009