Do you prefer In-Laws that live closer or farther away?

My In-laws live about two hours away and although we don't see them that often, when we see them, we "SEE THEM". Whenever they come to town they always spend the night at our house. This means weekends of having my pantry and linen closet re-arranged and feeling the need to be on my P's and Q's in my own house. Which is more stressful: "Overnight" inlaws or "all the time" inlaws?

actress

Asked by actress at 1:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Actress if they're that country girl have them stay in the abandoned car in the drive-way or have hubby buy a trailer and welcome them to their new 2nd home. Sorry, I am getting dorky tonight.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh man, I am so sorry! I couldn't imagine having my mother in law that close, no thank you! She lives 6 hours away and when she does come to visit about 2 times a year she stays at a friends, or a hotel. Don't get me wrong, we have offered our home,she just doesn't take the offer. And I am so grateful. :)
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 1:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• haha funny .. no .. I'm sorry...
    My FIL in law lives a mile up the road i never really see them. I wish my mamma lived closer thought. maybe casually mention the beautifull bed and breakfast up the road... or i don't know,, guess you gotta just deal and roll with it sometimes....
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My fiance's parents live about 15 minutes away. But his mom is my best friend so I see her almost every day. I think I'd prefer them be close rather than saying the night..that would be too weird for me lol
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My ex's parents need to be sooooo far away! My boyfriends parents.. very close! They are truly amazing!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My in-laws are in another state good 16 hours away =]=]=] thats the way I like it.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• mirit- I failed to mention that my inlaws are C-O-U-N-T-R-Y! They wouldn't dare stay at a hotel or bed-n-breakfast. Not as long as we have grits and eggs and a bed at hour house..
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:29 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• jdbrown- I'm jealous!
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• mine are a couple of blocks away hate it!! there nice people but they take all his free time
    R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 1:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Gigi- they couldn't torment me from the driveway...That is the objective, right?
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009