Can someone please anwser my question???

hi im 36 weeks pregnant an have been having what feels like im about to start my period but its only in my back,an it really dont hurt that bad just a litle,i said something to the nurse about it last week an she said that was good,the baby was doing what hes supposed to,really dont know what that means lol,an also ive been having really sharp pains down there almost very day,can you please tell me what this is?thanks everyone!!

hellokitty1825

Asked by hellokitty1825 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did answer your question- you are in the early portion of the labor process. It can last weeks, but your body is getting itself ready to bring out a baby!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It could be prodromal labor, if it is very strong and comes and goes - if your dr examined you and you are not dilating, it probably is just your uterus practicing and nothing to worry about; it cold also be that you feel your Braxton Hicks ctx in your back - I've never heard of that but why not? Is your uterus hard when you have the pains? If it is a contraction of any kind, your belly will feel ROCK hard.

Another thought, and this is very common is that it is from all the pressure and strain on your lower back and pelvis - the pressure that can be on nerves is no joke at all. It can just feel tight and crampy all the time in the lower back. It can be awful. For mine I found chiropractic to be helpful, it kept my spine and pelvis lined up a little better.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 1:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Could be Braxton Hicks (false labor contractions). These can be felt for weeks before going into labor. Pains down there could just be your baby has dropped lower and adding pressure to your pelvic bones. You will definately know when real labor hits. The pains will get worse and closer together. Good luck to you!
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Sounds like prodromal labor to me. The baby has dropped and now there is more pressure on your lower back and hips which causes all sorts of aches and pains.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 2:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009