Yogurt for yeast infections?

Does it work? I've been itching for a couple days and just realized that's probably what it is. And I really don't want to drag my son out to walmart at 12:15, but it's about to drive me nuts!!

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Funny ! Silly gals o.k now what you do is : one the best option is if you have a healthfood store; wholefoods, henry's, umm sprouts whatever call first and see if they have BIO-K + original formula ( you can also youtube it thee are some great videos) or a whole non flavored yogurt like brown cow yogurt cream top just no flavoring is very important! you dip a tampon till evenly coated then insert into you whoo-ha or as she refered to it. leave it in for about 20-45min I think go to biok+.com for exactly what they say and it should clear it up within 24 hrs. hope this helps let me know if there are any other Q.
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think you eat it...right..you dont stick it up your whoo-ha do you? How would you get it in there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes yogurt does help but it's not a cureall... I would go in the morning and get a 3 day treatment... Also I found that keeping the area dry and not wear anything tight fitting helps..
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 1:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I feel like I have seen this question so many times, j/k I was cured by directly applying plain yogurt directly on my vagina. The cultures work their way in there.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think i'm going to use the yogurt for the burning part and do the tampon thing. And get vagisil for the itching. Regular lotion just won't work!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I got these soooo much while I was pregnant it was annoying. You need to get some yogurt and drink some cranberry juice, 100%. Those over the counter type things never worked for me but you can try them. Try to clean yourself often and use baby powder. Other then that you'll have to go to your OB for the real cream that does the trick.
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 1:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My doc said to use plain yogurt on a tampon... I have a bad reaction to monistat so there are very few things I can do... I haven't had to do this yet so I don't know how well it works.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009