My mother is upset

about my husband and i moving. We are only moving 30mins away. I would understand if we were moving states. Im just really upset about the whole thing... I just don't understand how to make things better. This is going to be here first grandchild. Plz help!!

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Offer your mom too stay with you after you have the baby, make mom feel she's wanted and you need her help. I just lost my mom at the age of 66 2 weeks ago and she'll never see her great grandchild. don't be a stranger to your mom.
    CoFeeSD

Answer by CoFeeSD at 1:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• just let her know that it is you and your husbands decision and you feel its the right decision an let her know that this doesnt mean it will be harder to see her.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• lol...i have to drive 30 minutes to get to the grocery store...
    i agree with both previous answers....just make sure she understands you will still be around and ready and willing to visit
    afeather

Answer by afeather at 1:37 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• She is probably upset that she will see the kids less. Just let her know the move is good for you and your family and a move opens up new opportunities for all. Let her know she is always welcome as before and maybe plan a sleep over every now and then so she feels comfortable the distance. Once she sees the distance is not too far she will better.
    FAHTMOM

Answer by FAHTMOM at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Reassure her that she can still see the baby. If she doesn't drive then you will be willing to go there. Maybe when the baby is older she can take them for a weekend or day. And if you both get on the computer you can send her pics. Reassure her you'll keep her posted on things the baby does. And remind her some people live farther away.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 3:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My mom lives 5 hours away. We bought web cams so that she could "see" the kiddo anytime she wanted. Be understanding, but also be condfident in your choice. She'll get used to it! First time grandmas can be just a little over the top...:) Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008