Im 28 weeks pregnant with twins

Today I had an ultrasound and my dr. said that one of the babies' abdomen measured larger; they are really close in weight (2lbs. 3oz. and 2lbs. 7oz.) well long story short there was cause for some concern because they share the same placenta that they want a second opinion, should I be too concerned? they are supposed to call me but havent yet and im trying to keep my cool but its just scary when they are playing waiting games on a first timer!!!

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just try not to worry(i know not easy, I had some probs with my twin pregnancy too) because stress really isn't good for you or the babies. With modern medical technology these days, there is so much they can do for the babies, even in-utero I think(not sure). If they don't call you by tomorrow morning, just call them and share your concerns. They should have followed up by now if it IS something serious. Be persistent. That's all I can say. some doc offices treat their patient like cattle not human beings.

I saw a high risk doctor, he was even on a few episodes of those baby story shows, that was pretty relaxing for me to know he's that good LOLLL If you lived in Vegas I'd recommend him, he had an awesome bedside manner. So the second opinion may mean they are trying to schedule you to see a high risk doctor.

Just call, hopefully you'll at least know what is going on.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Hey! I'm pregnant with twins too and mine are WAYYY off in weight..one was 5.9lbs last time and one was 4.7lbs. They worry because when they share a placenta they can have whats called twin-twin transfusion. I'd google it and read about it. Basically one twins gets everything lol. I'm 36 weeks and they are taking my twins via C-Section on Tuesday. They are far apart in weight so they are coming a little earlier than they'd like but they are both healthy! Just ask LOTS and LOTS of questions to your doctor..write every question you have down and ask him. Trust me my appointments were always like an hour because I asked so many questions but it was worth it! I'll keep you in my prayers. Good luck!
    twinmommy2009

Answer by twinmommy2009 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009