does anyone know how much sand i should buy to fill my son's plastic turtle sandbox?

My parents bought him one of those small playuc sandboxes in the shape of a turtle, where tha shell is the lid. But it didn't come in a box or with any info as to how much sand it takes to fill. Please help

vmommy

Asked by vmommy at 2:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I read online that either two bags - I have no idea how much a bag is - or 150 pounds will work and you can add more if wanted.
    BeccaBoo518

Answer by BeccaBoo518 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I just went to the beach with buckets and shoveled sand from there. I got 4 of the square buckets kitty litter comes in. Not sure how much that was, but you can eyeball it.
    grammarpolice

Answer by grammarpolice at 9:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Each bag is 50 pounds. So get 3 bags. If you don't use it all, you'll have refill sand ready as the level goes down. Last summer, I filled my daughter's and this spring there is hardly any sand in it. The stuff just disappears... all over the yard, down the tub drain, into the vacuum... : )
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2009