Does it bother you to hear some of the things about the current president?

With all the repub against obama, and the negative comments/posts (not just cafemom many other sites) i was wondering if it bother anyone to hear some of these things? no matter who u voted for he IS your president stand up for your country, ur leaders we choose, obama has a beautiful wife and kids he is very connected with his country and in my opnion has done WAY better than many past,recent presidents. so if u voted for obama, and r still a strong supporter what do u think when u c negative posts/comments, if u did not do u currently support him or bash him? does it anger you?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 2:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no. we dont have to stand up for him just because hes our president. who cares get over it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was a strong supporter during the campaign and think that it is way too early to withdraw my support. While I AM human and disagree with some things he does and agree with other things he does, I am still so so so happy with my decision when I think of where we would be under a McCain/Palin ticket. ***Sigh of relief.***
    I only get mad when people who do not educate themselves on the issues seem to have a strong opinion on them. I think that people really need to just come together and realize that we are all americans. (you may say I'm a dreamer.....lol.) This was NOT an easy job to take on and things were already going downhill when he became President...it is not fair to blame and judge just because you didn't see IMMEDIATE change....

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• i didn't vote for BO, but i pray for him, considering he's our 'chosen' leader. do i support him? not necessarily, but i don't bash.
    what makes me laugh is the pleas of presidential support just because he is the president..where were you guys(BO supporters) when the president wasn't your choice? bashing, laughing..supporting?? i wonder.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• not really i get tired of hearing about him octomom and so many others that is said over and over again. i didnt vote for him nor want to bash him maybe when his term is done and its all same news then maybe cant say much yet.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• NOPE! Obama is a big boy! And I don't seem to recall much "let's support OUR President" when Bush was in office! It's par for the course. ANYONE who seeks a high ranking public position is going to have to understand it is par for the course--having a "beautiful wife and kids" does not make for a RESPECTED leader, and it certainly doesn't earn him a "free pass!"
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm an Obama supporter, who wants the changes that we elected him to do. (healthcare, education, environmental) I vote on issues not the party. I voted for Bush first term, live in NY, 9/ll changed my live forever. Everytime I saw Bush on TV I felt anger.... I bashed, laughed and did not support anything that he said. When people feel they have been attacked, they attack back. Its human nature. For conservatives Obama is a nightmare, they might feel all they can do it bash. Although, its not right, I understand where they are coming from.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 6:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• kyliebugs, what does Obama's family have to do with his policies that many don't agree with? Did you know that if enough people voice their OPINION about policies they don't like and get the word out~They may call their elected officials? Who, ohh by the way~work for us!!! And together change can be made!

Take the charitable donations deduction from the budget. GONE

How about the Altering Veterans service related injury care? DROPPED

Why? Because people, organizations GOT THE WORD OUT and people (like here on cm and elsewhere) called the whitehouse and elected officials. THAT is the only CHANGE I can believe in :)

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Grandmarga:For conservatives Obama is a nightmare, they might feel all they can do it bash.

ALL they can do? LOL.... No actually we question his policies, issues.... Funny thing not very many Obama supporters come to those questions... I wonder why so many seem to stick to these questions of "fluff"?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No! Im not in love with the rock star and his family and Ill be happy when he gets elected out of office and we can move on to better things.

I never have agreed with his policies and never will Obama is destroying America.

Wake up from your fairy tale.

sarcasm

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 7:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• "he is very connected with his country "

i highly disagree... the man won't even give the country enough respect to place his hand over his heart during an anthhem...yea some connection

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009