Thyroid Question

I have semi- recently starting charting my temps in an attempt to concieve child #2. It seems like my basal body temps are consistantly in the 96 degrees. I read low temps could be an indicator of thyoid problems. I have also gained 30 pounds this year! jeesh! I have always had problems with weight, depression and headaches. So, the questions are: What are some sure fire signs of thyroid problems? And Any moms out there with thyroid problems have an issue with low temps? Is there a "cure" .. what are the treatments? Any input would be appriciated. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• My temp is always fairly low, but your weight gain, depression, headaches sound like underlying hypothyroid symptoms..Is your face puffy? Are you more sensitive to cold than ever? There's a difference between not liking the cold and being sensitive to it, Are you constantly tired? Get a blood test to see if you have hypothyroidism. Being hypo can interfere with your ability to conceive. Should that be the case, the medications are safe to take during a pregnancy. There's no cure, but it is managed with medications. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right treatment though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009