What do you support?

Iam a March of dimes mom. I walk for my children and for those who have been taken from us far to soon. I was born 7 weeks early I have miscarried 4 times and have youngest daughter was early. My girls walk the 6 mile walk with me and the last 1/2 mile I pray for my children and all the babies born to early.
My question what is your cause? What do you stand up for?

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 2:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't do charities. I think my time is better spent helping individuals. I don't like the way charities are run and have never found one I trusted enought to use theire money and resourses responibly. I like to help the children in the area I live and give money to my local church which in turn offers a food panty and clothes and financial help to those in need in our local community.
    I belive in helping locally before we do anything else. If everyone was to take care of their local problems then it wouldn't seem so huge and unmanagable.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• animal abuse!! i cant stand ppl who neglect and abuse animals
    i also donate to breast cancer research
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Autism Awareness, Gay Rights (Bash on me all you want I don't care.), Animal Abuse. And a lot of others.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Autism Awareness
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Actually, it was The March of Dimes until just recently when I found out they donate to Planned Parenthood. I do support the MSPCA, which is the MA branch of the ASPCA.
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 6:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• March of Dimes here too! Really big on it! I never had a miscarriage, lost a child after birth or had a preemie. I'm just into helping all babies. They deserve it! I will be walking again April 26Th.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• ASPCA WSPA anything animal affiliated

Also a huge advocate for Shared parenting and speak out when ever I can about Parent Alienation Syndrome
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 8:22 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• A little bit of every time. I dontate to cancer society (my aunt passed away from it), diabities (college roommate), united way (though the office, but they have some great programs), salvation arm/goodwill, human society, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My brother was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at the age of 11, so we do anything and everything our area holds as far as fundraisers go for that charity. I know this is not cancer, but he is now 36 and I have seen the tole this disease takes on his eyes, and organs. How something as simple as the flu becomes complicated due to diabetes. How he was sentenced to a life of needles 3-5 times a day for the rest of his life. 24 Birthdays without cake. Halloweens while friends and sibs go trick-or-treating while he stayed behind. Please pray for a cure!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We do the 3-Day Walk for Breast Cancer Research, my son and I, for the last few years. We had to get special permission for him because he was only five when we started to do it. He's personally raised over two thousand dollars for Susan G. Komen between walking and his Lemonade Stand For Breast Cancer which he does every summer. We have a friend who is a survivor, he loves her, so he began to get involved.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009