NO

Dont you find you are saying no more than anything else to your little one. I am so tired of saying no all the time I feel like the poor little man is not getting to express himself with all the NO's going around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i felt that way too and relized NO was having little affect anymore. i've since tried to limit using NO to things that really are important. like NO dont touch the stove, or NO dont hit your sister. otherwise redirect if something isnt a good idea - like my emma is 2 and likes to try to stand on a ball which isnt too good an idea - so i will say softly "not a good idea" "dont do that" and then go to her and remove her to something else. now i find that the word NO works better casue they hear it less often.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 6:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I use time out more than the word 'no'. And while he sits in time out i explain what he did wrong and why he is there. At first it was a struggle to get him to stay in time out but he learned my son is 2 years old.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I try to stay away from "No" also. I lean towards, "You're going to hurt yourself," "not for babies," and, "No thank you."
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009