PICS INSIDE!! I have had crackly dry scaly red things on my fingers for a while need some input to what it could be!

my fingers get cracked dry red scaly, sometimes itchy.. alcohol only dries them out more, ive tried everything lanolin, breastmilk, alcohol, neosporin leaving bandaids on it for a few days straight.. that worked okay, but when i took the bandaids off it was moist and all my skin would peel away that was there...
itsbeen like this for 2 years. right now its only on my thumb, index finger and my middle finger but it shows up sometimes on other fingers...

any advice would so much be appreciated! whether its what i can do to make it go away or what it could be.. thanks!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• Hmmm.. def. looks like some type of rash. I would ask a doctor about it. Especially since you have had it for so long. I have had a rash on my lower legs for about 3 years and only recently found out I have psoriasis.

annamarie221

Answer by annamarie221 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I have eczema on my hands that looks similar to this. I have it between my fingers on the backs of my hands and from the bottoms of my knuckles to the middle of my fingers. It gets worse during dry weather, gets horrible when I have spent a day washing dishes or other things in hot water, and they often crack and bleed and are extremely painful. The only thing I found that helps is a California Baby lotion. I'll send you the link, it may help you.

http://www.californiababy.com/calendula-cream-2-oz.html
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If it is dry skin (eczema) I recommend putting vaseline ALL over your hands right before bed, then wearing gloves. When my feet get dry, I do this, and wake up with baby soft skin!

If you think it may be a fungus, try this: make a 50/50 solution of peroxide and water in a spray bottle. Spray on your hands twice a day. Hopefully you should see improvement within a week or two.

Good luck!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2009