Brown vomit?

My 16month old son has been a little sick today and have vomited a few times, and it has been white and curdy from milk. He just threw up a few minutes ago and the color is brown, not really not but not really light. . And it looks like there are slimy strings of something there too that look like they have blood in there. . I can't think of anything he's eaten or drink today to make the vomit that color

Babs310

Asked by Babs310 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you think there is blood in the vomit, go to the ER. The brown could be from blood, or it could be something not so serious, but I would go to the ER.

Here's a website that may help you:

http://www.uptodate.com/patients/content/topic.do?topicKey=c_health/9758
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Either taken him to the ER, or if you don't think it is that serious I would at least call your doctor's office. They should have a 24 hour nurse line or something like that. That doesn't sound good. Better to be safe than sorry.
    annamarie221

Answer by annamarie221 at 3:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I meant take*
    annamarie221

Answer by annamarie221 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• OMG absolutely call the on call or go to ER, preferably ER if he's been vomiting and sick today.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2009