Do you think 34 is to old to TTC #2?

MY first one I was 30?
I do not feel old.......but I worry about the risk of pregnacy at a later age in life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• Not at all. Go for it!
    annamarie221

Answer by annamarie221 at 3:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No.
    I had a cousin who had a Downs baby at 21.
    The numbers increase as you get older but there are always potential risks.
    I had my last at 32 and I would have liked to have more... dh said no...
    I say go for it.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• honestly??!!!! in MYYYY opinion... yes you are to old...my mom was 35 when she had me, and theres just WAAAAAY to much of an age gap between us..and my dads 9 years older than her..so its realllllllly big..i used to play sports in highschool, and my parents would always come and watch me, and sooooo many time i had people come up to me and say how nice it was that my grandma and grandpa came to watch me..and im like yaa those are my parents!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• absolutely not, just get moving before the horrors of infertility creep in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Not only no, but HELL NO. **grin**

I was 35 when I conceived mine. My parents were 34 when they adopted me...and no one ever mistook them for my grandparents. (In fact, when I was in college no one believed that my mother was in her 50s!)

Answer by gdiamante at 4:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Nope, you're not too old. Go for it!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Nope. My mom had me at age 37 & my sister had a child at 38 or 39 & since it was ANOTHER GIRL (they have 4) they were thinking about trying *again* for a boy! ...... i think they have changed their mind though ... who knows... they are crazy "kids".... (their an awsome couple/family & i think they forget they are not 30 anymore. lol)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No you are not too old. My aunt was 40 when she got pregnant with her 5th. I am 37 and would likek another one.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No way!! A lot of women are waiting until this age and even older to start having children.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Wowwwww, that was, like, a wayyyyyyyyyy immmature thing to, like, say....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 3, 2009