darn it!

so i was having ok start of contractions and then they died:( So I decided to go to the bathroom and i went and wiped and there was blood so i called the nurse and said it was fine to wait to come in and ive had no more contractions and also i had my membranes stripped yesterday! have any of u had this happen? when did u go in after it? and what do u think about my situation?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 3:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe the blood was part of your mucus plug. Was it sort of slimy? Was it brownish or bright red blood? Bright red is never a good thing. I waited to go into the hospital until my contractions were consitantly 5 minutes apart and lasting 1 minute. That is what my doctor told me. If your contractions have died off it is going to be a waste of time to go to the hospital now. They will just send you back home because you are not in active labor. When your contractions start again begin timing them. If they are consistantly the same amount of time apart and for the same length of time give the hospital or doctor a call and ask if they advise you to come in yet or not. Do some serious walking. That worked for me! It puts pressure on the cervix and wil help you dialate and progress quicker. Good luck!
    annamarie221

Answer by annamarie221 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm almost 39 weeks and have had some bloody discharge here past 2 days but I was told it was my mucus plug. Best of luck and if your not comfortable or worried go to the hospital! Its def better to be on the safe side at this point!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009