Home termite remedy?

Like 25 years ago my dad drilled holes in certain parts of his house and injected turpentine into them.He's deceased and I wish I could get his advice. I live in the house nextdoor and have no extra money for this.I know for a fact, I have termites, does anyone know of a homemade termite remedy short of paying someone?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 4:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Boric Acid is a drying agent and yes it does work well, the problem is how are you going to get it into the places where they live?
    Termites have to have moisture to live, they have to stay wet like worms, so you also have a moisture or water problem somewhere too.
    Call a company that not only takes care of termites, but any wood destroying organisims like mold mildew and fungus and termites, you probably have all of these problems they go hand in hand. I just paid $490 for the treatment and prevention of all wood destroying organisims for a 4 bedroom house so maybe you can find a deal. It's worth every dime and good luck momma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I've heard Boric Acid works well. Here is a website I found on it, hope it helps. http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/boric_acid.html
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 4:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2009