to old? dont kno wut to put this under.....

does anybody think 27 is to old to have kids?
my friends bf said he thinks he is to old, like he already hit that age
where it just doesnt deel right.

Cyarasmom

Asked by Cyarasmom at 5:47 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 35 is too old..medically too old. At 35 you start running risks of health problems for both you and the baby. I had kids young at 21 just so I had the energy to keep up and play with them like a kid myself. No i dont think so
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I don't think it is too old. Personally, I know I will not be having children after age 30. I want to retire someday and be around for my grandchildren and I think having them too late cuts into that time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• 27 isn't too old by any means. 35 is also questionable - you become of advanced maternal age, and the risks increase, but that depends on how far above 35 you are.

I think its best for people to have children when they're ready. I became a parent at 21 and while I don't regret it, I do think that was a bit too young. I don't want my children becoming parents til they're at least 25, but obviously that's going to be up for them to decide. A two year window - in your friend's opinion - isn't much room to allow for starting a family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• If 27 is too old, then I'm screwed lol I want to have a big family, and only have one child right now. I know it will be several years until I'm financially ready for another, so I'm waiting for now. I'm 24.

I don't think there is any age that is too old as long as the parent is comfortable with it. Many mamas have babies after 35, and even 40. And if they are not conceiving and carrying those children themselves, some parents adopt. As far as being too old to adopt, I don't think there is any such thing! A person is never to old to provide a home to a child who would be lost in the system otherwise.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:05 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• no not at all... i think once you hit your 30's your a little too old.. besides the fact the older you are the more health factors there are for the baby and yourself... i think you would be to old to run around and play with the kids... say u had a daughter at 32 you would 42 by the time she was 10... no thanx
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• He just doesn't want to settle down with HER. He'll be ready for kids in his 30's.....WITH THE RIGHT WOMAN....and he won't flinch. If he's saying that to her, and she wants kids, then she needs to ask herself that tough question on if he's the right one for her. Might be time for her to move on to someone that shares her vision.

27 is far from too old for kids........
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• This is coming from someone who is in her 30's and thinks I am plenty young enough to have more children, if I want. Twenty seven??!!! Thats ridiculous to think thats too old. In fact, I think people should wait UNTIL their 27 to have kids. They are more mature and usually more financially stable. I think that having kids is fine even up to 35-37 depending on the circumstances.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:30 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• hell no! I know loads of people older than 27 having kids,no way is it to old,I think thats about the best age to start having kids
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• they already have 2 kids but she wants another and he just doesnt know lol
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 10:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No,I had my first at 27.I was no where close to being ready to have kids any younger.You're suppose to use that time to get to know yourself,have a career,go to school,hell,have fun!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 3, 2009