Is it to soon to text or email?

Hi Im 22 and form the UK. I went on a first date on tuesday, and thought the guy was gorgeous, and thought there was a spark, as he asked if i would like to meet up at the weekend. We was both on face book at the same time on wednesday... and he sent me a little mesage saying.... how r u...what you up to on sunday....by the time i replied bk he was off line. Its now friday and i havent herd form him...! do you think i would look to keen/desperate if i texted him today?? how can i act casual. He is very mature and is 5 years older then me. I havnt had a date like this in over a year and dont wanna blow my chances. My M8s say let him contact me... but i dont want hi to think i dont care. Any advice????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Send him a text...you have nothing to lose!
    SCMom130

Answer by SCMom130 at 6:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My advice is....IF it is meant to be it will be so you shouldn't stress yourself whether you are being mature enough for him or being too desperate acting. He should like you for who you are no matter what and if he doesnt oh well. So ask yourself what would you do normally if this wasnt a love interest and just a friend? Obviously you would text them asap because you care and like them right? So....GO FOR IT HUN lol....GL have fun!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Thanks.... your right he should like me for me...! maybe i'll just text asking how he is??? if i dont receive a reply, at least i wont see him again to be embarrassed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• There is never no harm in sending him a text or a email.What do you have to lose....he may like it if you contact him.....but If you get no response you prob won't so him again so no worries. =]=]
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• just send him a text or call him and say what had happened "hey i got to your questions late by the time i want it to answer you were off line " then yougo from there and tell him if you have anyplans on sunday see your not the one calling first he contacted you first your just answering

R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Wait for him to contact you. This is one of the biggest mistakes I see women making today. If you are interested in marriage, then let the guy do the pursuing. When you go chasing after him, he thinks all you are interested in is sex. If that's all he's interested in, then you don't want him anyway. Sex is the worst basis for any kind of relationship. So wait for him to pursue you. He knows where to find you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Go with your gut. All of the old-fashion "rules" of dating don't apply anymore. Waiting for a man to call you is not always the right thing to do. Maybe he thinks your lack of immediate response was a blow off or maybe he took it to mean that you were interested but not that interested. Men aren't as complicated as women but they are a lot more emotionally complicated than we give them credit for. Be yourself and go with your gut. If you want to email him, then do it. If the things you do aren't something he likes, then he isn't the man for you anyway and it's better you know now than later on down the road. I am sure he would be really happy to see a message from you.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 9:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I think you can contact him but try not to sound to desperate,keep the chat casual unless he changes it
    Aimee789135

Answer by Aimee789135 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• text him! if you like him- do it! he already tried to talk to you, TEXT HIM! or call or write on his wall!
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2009