Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you explain something is not appropriate to a 2 year old

My son goes around saying he loves all his body parts including his butt and pee pee. or he will go around saying kiss my cheek, kiss my head, kiss my arm, it's when he gets to his butt and pee pee i get a little concerned. How do explain this is not proper to a 2 year old? He speaks very clear as well.

Answer Question

Asked by ladyluck09 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I would explain to him that his butt and penis are private, and that noone should or will be kissing them. Next time he asks you to kiss his cheek and arm, do it. When he gets to his butt or penis, say, "You're so silly! Mommy isn't going to kiss your butt! That's where your poop comes from!" Don't make a huge deal of it, but don't completely ignore it. It will take some repetition and consistancy, but if he understands you will not indulge in kissing his behind or penis, he will soon stop asking.

    Answer by epoh at 7:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • LOL kids are so funny..........When he gets to the inappropriate parts just tell him "we arent kissing private parts" and move on to his knees or whatever. Do it every single time. At 2 years old your limited on what they are taking in and what they arent. Keeping it short but sweet and being consistant is the way to go.

    Answer by mistynights234 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

  • I agree. Don't make a huge deal of it, just tell him that kissing his butt and penis isn't appropriate, and that he shouldn't ask people to do those things. Leave it at that. You may have to repeat it more than once...and do so.


    Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Toddlers (1-2)
Brown vomit?

Next question overall (General Parenting)
Has anyone tried gdiapers?