PEOPLE AT MY JOB ARE MESSING WITH ME?

I was working at this company last summer and just came back a few weeks ago. This job is in the human services field so its alot of one on one contact with clients and providing care for them. This week I was booked for hours and the people who schedule me told me a different day then it was. I drove over a half hour and wasted gas. This is the second time they did this to me. I'm just getting beyond annoyed. The reason they have a problem with me is because I dated the last sheduler and he was a complete prick. He kisses and tells, and spread all this shit about me. Then would make up lies about how I'm with this person and that person. So my question for you is what should I do if the whole department that I have to get my hours from are telling me there's no hours one week, and then sending me places on the wrong day on purpose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Money & Work

• That's why you don't date people at work or make friends. Talk to your supervisor to get things handled.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Make sure everything is done in writing. If you are told in person or by phone that you are scheduled *here* at *this* time and date, send that person who told you an e-mail confirming the information. Give it a few offenses and then go to the head of your department with the information.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Set is up so that everything has to be given to you in writing. Tell you supervisor about the frequent "mix-ups" and ask to have a printed schedule given to you. This way you have proof.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I hope you have learned a lesson from this NEVER DATE ANYONE FROM WORK.
    Talk to your supervisor and see if something can be done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• yeah NEVER DATE ANYONE AT WORK. rumors suck at work. i would keep track of everything for your appointments, and what they are doing to you. talk to your supervisor if that dont work go to the head place who owns the place and complain, write letters everything. and if that dont work threaten with an attorney cuz they are harrassing you and thats not aloud and they are causing emotional issues for you. thats what i would do. and also you can go to the news and they could put out there that this is happening at this place of work. i see it all the time on the news. good luck. and every time you go into work be happy and act as if this doesnt bother you cuz if they see that they will keep doing it...good luck momma
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Document Document Document! Get it in writing where you are suppose to go and when. If its the company's fault for messing up the schedule you should be paid gas money and an hours pay.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• They want you to quit on your own, so they don't have to let you go. Sorry but that is how it is done in some places, (we) managers just make it so miserable for problem employees they quit on their own leaving the liability off of us. I know it sounds terrible and you do have some recourse as far as documentation, but if you have a bad personnel record or work history you still won't have a case against your employer. My suggestion, start looking for a new job and start being a better employee at work any hour that you are there. I'm sorry to say, with my past experience I think the fault here lies with you. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Start looking for a new job and don't date anyone from your workplace again. Not smart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I agree with the whole write everything down, because when you go to your boss you want proof that it is going on, or they will lie some more. But as far as dont date people you with...i dont think that always stands true my husband of 3 years and we were together for 7 years, we met at work and dated while working together. so that isnt always true, you just have to be sure they are the right person.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• There are several things you can do! Again as stated by allaboutkeely and mistynights234 DOCUMENT Dates, Times, Who You Spoke With to get the schedule information, Any Negative Coments made against you. Keep a file of all this information at home.

When you feel like you really had enough then you can contact your Labor Relations Department with the State Labor Board and file a claim against them. You can also quit and file with Unemployment due to harrasment, disrespect and hardship.

Also make sure you send a letter to your company HR department with the collected information certified mail and keep the receipt in your file as well. If nothing is fixed with HR then send a letter to the CEO/Owner of the company and again copy and sed via certified mail.

I am a business owner and know that by doing these things I stated above will get attention.

Bottom line is you teach others how to treat you!

Good luck!
    LegacyKimberley

Answer by LegacyKimberley at 4:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2009