WOuld you be offended if you went to some one profile page and the first song on their playlist was called "N***er Hating ME" a racsit song? and would you reaport them

man this really disgusted me... and i did report her but would you have done the same thing or did i over react?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 7:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would definitely report it. Cafe mom is a community. And to agree to belong to a community implies that you would not slur other another member by using language that is offensive or harmful to them. It's all about balancing being civil and tactful vs your own personal tastes and opinions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's a song. Not all songs are racist. There are plenty of songs like that. I really think that was childish to report that. It's on HER personal page. If you are going to get easily offended when looking at others pages you should stop browsing them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• no i listened to the song... as mich as could handle it was racsit... and im not easily offeneded.. and btw is it against the terms of service
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• You weren't that offended if you listened to the entire song. I just think there are more important things to worry about then what someone has on THEIR page. You just like looking for trouble and causing it, sad.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No I probably wouldn't have reported it, but I do think it's immature and inconsiderate. I have a music player on my page because music is a huge part of my life and really helps express who I am, however--I did NOT include any songs with objectionable material on it, as I know this is a website for Moms, some of who might be offended by foul language. I happen to have enough respect for others to not purposely expose them to something that could be hurtful or offensive. Everyone nowadays seems to be completely focused on SELF--it's MY page, it's MY music, it's MY freedom of expression, etc etc, which is fine I guess if you have no regard for anyone else. Besides, how many cafemoms probably surf the cafe with their children nearby? Do people not care that another moms kids may hear the music?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would'nt have liked the song,but I would have just clicked off.I know alot on here does'nt beleive in Jesus,but my song is Jesus Take the Wheel,when my page is opened,I guess mine could offend some too.But it is my page and,I feel I can play what I want.,even if some are offended.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Well, in your eyes you thought you were doing the right thing. Its a done deal, so I wouldnt worry about what other people think.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about it, personally I dont think there is racism anymore, i mean come on we have a black president so that tells you America has decided to get over it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Another reason not to have your kids around an adult web site when browsing. We are mothers, we aren't dead or change how we are.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• That is a disrespectful word but I hear my race speak it towards each other all the time not knowing the true meaning behind it, which burns me up. They can call each other that name but let some other race use it towards them then its war. Confuses the shit out of me. But with the profile page I would just let it be.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009