are you going to quit smoking?

i can not believe the the prices of cigarettes unless i read it wrong. i read about it on the usa today web site. 10.50 for a pack of smokes? wow im not a smoker i use to be 6 yrs ago till i found out i was pregnant with my 3 child then i stopped and after i had him i had health problem so i had to quit anyway, but for those who do you will be broke just buying these. i was curious if you all you do smoke if you are going to quit cut back or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Health

• I'm going to try to quit because I need to not because of the price.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:58 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My husband and I quit last Saturday. Today is day 6 and we are actually doing really well!! We both smoked for about 10 years. The price is ridiculous and we really do not want our 10 month old son outside with us now that it is warm and watching us smoke. YUCK! A little interested tidbit though, we figured out how much we would save if we did not smoke until the time our son is 16 years old (15 1/2 years away) and we would save over $99,000!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe that??? That is absolutely crazy!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 8:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I really dont know how most families afford it with the economy how it is... Im so glad I quit when I found out I was pregnant with my dd (April 2006).
    DH quit Feb 14, 2007.... Greatest sexiest present he has ever giving lol! :D
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• thats a nice gift...good for you all on the quiting. the prices are nutts. i still dont know why they did that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2009