Mucous Plug???

This is my first pregnancy sooo this could be a silly question. Anyways can I dilate without losing my mucous plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not really sure, but you may have lost your plug and not know it. I did!! And I watched for it! Lol, checked the t.p and toliet!!! Never saw it!!!! Good Luck!! And Congrats on the baby :-)
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Hmm I've dilated 2cm's...and I'm slowly losing mine I didn't even know til the doctor checked me yesterday and she pulled some bloody/mucus discharge.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Yes you can. Some women don't lose it until labor. Some women lose over time and don't realize it because it can seem just like discharge.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 10:15 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I didn't lose mine. Well I guess it came out during labour but I didn't lose it before. That was with my 2nd. I was dialated to 3cm before I was actually in labour or at least active labour. With my first I lost it like a month before I delivered.
    SabrinaL

Answer by SabrinaL at 2:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009