Did you ever travel by car with your 6 month old?

I was just wanting to know if it's okay to go on a 4 hour drive with my 6 month old. I'm thinking about leaving at night that way she will be asleep and won't be fuzzy the whole trip there. Does anyone have any tips, experiences, advice for me PLEASE

SHY_GIRL89

Asked by SHY_GIRL89 at 8:09 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY MOM AND I TRAVELED WITH MY SON AT 6-MONTHS TO GO SEE MY GRANDMOTHER IN ARKANSAS AND HE WAS NO TROUBLE JUST MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PLENTY OF DIAPERS, WIPES, FOOD, EXTRA WATER FOR THE FORMULA--IF YOU AREN'T BREAST FEEDING--AND TOYS CAUSE THE BABY WILL GET BORED EASILY AND BELIEVE ME IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEE FAMILY, THEN THERE WILL BE ENOUGH PEOPLE THERE TO OCCUPY THE BABY'S TIME AND ATTENTION. HAPPY EASTER
    cricketd

Answer by cricketd at 8:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I travled with my son at this age and still do at 15months. Just hit them up at nap or bedtime which is best for them, We also brought a long a favorite person like grandma to entertain my son in the back with toys bubbles, games music whatever the little ones enjoy! Just be sure to make your one and a half hour stop to feed them let them stretch etc.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We travelled from Idaho to CA. at 2 months and then again at 6 months. (13 hour trip!) 4 hours should be a breeze really no matter when you leave. I'd guess that if you leave around the time they take are asleep usually, the baby will still sleep. 6 months is also old enough to watch a dvd and pay attention. We borrowed a friends portable dvd plater that attached to the back of the drivers seat and my son watched a baby einstein video for hours! Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 9:59 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We have taken a 3 1/2 hour trip amost monthly... We make sure he is full before we leave and has a dry diaper. Usually he just sleeps. Sometimes he wakes up and is hungry or wet but then we just pull off at an exit or rest stop... meet his needs and continue on. In a couple of days we'll be taking an 9 hour trip.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My hubby and I drove from Charleston, SC to San Diego, CA when our DD was 3 months old. She did fine. Slept most of it and then just played with toys the rest of the trip.
    Williamswifey

Answer by Williamswifey at 5:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2009