Can you help to save Queens Library in NYC?

"Queens Library has sustained $5.6 million in cuts and is facing $11.8 million more in reductions this year. If these additional cuts take effect, they will devastate our neighborhood libraries. We’ll lose six-day service, which we fought so hard to restore, with every community library closed all weekend long, and some left with less than five days of service. All of our programs and services, including after-school and ESOL programs, will be reduced. And we’ll have fewer books, DVDs and other library materials available. We can’t let this happen! Our voices must be heard. Please join us in advocating for Queens Library today!"

http://www.savequeenslibrary.org/

Moms from NYC please go to http://www.savequeenslibrary.org/ to sign a petition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why are you all turning this into a political issue? Its a good cause and benefits people of all ages! Libraries are a valuable part of our communities and this one goes above and beyond to offer other services. Yes, money is tight. Yes, it may be lower on the priority list for some people. But you could do one of two things...

Go to the address given and help support the cause or

Pass up the posting without making rude remarks that do nothing but put out your verbal crap into the world.

Heartless...

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• No, I will not. There are too many Red states that need help for citizens who work hard just to keep roofs over their heads. To hell with your library.
    Get used to having no money for anything with Trillions of dollars in debt your state helped to ask for, you got what you asked for and ran out of everyone else's money. Stop asking for more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• nope. I can't. If someone can't figure out how to run it on what you get now you are in big trouble because the money pool is drying up fast!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Aren't your library's supported by tax dollars?

Anonymous

• Blue State, No Money.
    Blue State asking for more, go figure.
    Blue State attacking Wall Street and Big Banks, and taxing the job producers so much they are leaving.
    And you wonder why you have no tax funding for your libraries. You ran out of other people's money. Duh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Uh, yeah,.....I think you got exactly what you asked for. Enjoy that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I'm so sorry for the OP she should've waited until everyone had had a cup of coffee to post her question?
    LolaMateos

Answer by LolaMateos at 9:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Oh please, and you don't think questions like this are going to start sprouting up all over the place in the next 10 years. This area has no funding for this, this county has no funding for this, I read somewhere that 50 schools were closing this next schoolyear. What the hell did you think was going to happen when Obama spent a gazillion dollars in 70 days. Didn't he just spend a bunch more yesterday? Get used to it people, get used to it already and quit complaining about what the hell you asked for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Please call the Savior you elected. Maybe he'll donate some DVDs and iPods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Call Obama. I am giving my money to my grandma and other family members who were not helped by the extra 60 a month they got on their paychecks. They needed real help and won't get it. Only the super poor are getting help. The lower middle class as usual are being screwed over. When that is fixed then I will help with the libraries in my own community.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2009